We organize an International Workshop on Educational Seismology in Pokhara, Nepal, on April 16-17, 2019.
Five keynote speakers in the field of seismology and educational seismology will speak during the workshop:
- Prof. Dr. György Hetényi from University of Lausanne, Switzerland;
- Dr. Paul Denton from the British Geological Survey, United Kingdom;
- Dr. Anne Sauron from HES-SO Valais and ETH Zurich, Switzerland;
- Peter Loader from the United Kingdom;
- Shiba Subedi from the University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
This one-of-a-kind event is a great opportunity for school teachers to learn about earthquakes and related preparedness in detail. The principal/head-teacher and the subject (science, math, computer and social) teachers are expected to attend this workshop, together with interested students in physics and geology.
The workshop schedule and documents are available under Downloads.
For Frequently Asked Questions about the workshop please visit here.
The workshop is made possible thanks to the great organizational and logistic support by many Nepali colleagues.
Nepali participants are generously sponsored by an AGU Celebrate 100 Grant of the Americal Geophysical Union.
The presence and work of the workshop teaching team is sponsored by several organizations and sources:
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship
- Swiss National Science Foundation
- University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- Royal Astronomical Society, UK
- British Geological Survey, UK
- British Geophysical Association, UK
- HES-SO Valais, Switzerland
- ETH Zürich, Switzerland