This page lists FREELY downloadable material from and related to the project. Please note that many useful animations and short movies are Videos.
Application of seismometer installed in the school: a detailed description file
Recorded earthquakes files for classroom activities
Files from the 2019 Educational Seismology Workshop
- Workshop schedule
- Information about the speakers
- Presented slides:
- Project Introduction and Goals (G. Hetényi)
- What Causes Earthquakes (P. Loader)
- What Happens in an Earthquake (P. Loader)
- Seismic Waves (P. Denton)
- Earthquake Observation (P. Denton)
- Recap (part1) and Practice (part2) (A. Sauron)
- Respective videos are here (“Earthquakes” MP4 file also here)
- The Seismo-at-School in Nepal Program: Seismology (S. Subedi)
- The Seismo-at-School in Nepal Program: Education (S. Subedi)
- Earth Learning Ideas, selected examples directly linked to the www.earthlearningidea.com website:
- Earthquake “prediction”
- Waves in the Earth: Human molecules
- Geo-battleship game
- Continental jigsaw puzzle
- Journey to the centre of the Earth – on a toilet roll
- What drives the plates?
- An earthquake in your classroom
- Modelling faults – by hand
- Spaghetti (noodle) quakes
- The slinky seismic waves demonstration
- Sandbox model of the Himalayas with Video
- Quake shake: Will my home collapse?
- How earthquakes affects buildings
- Surviving an earthquake
- Additional files:
Be Prepared flyer
Nepali flyer on good preparation and good reaction to earthquakes, click here.
Emergency Meeting Point sign, Nepali/English
Click on the picture for print-quality JPG file, or download PDF version.
Earthquake – Be Aware
A pictorial reminder about earthquakes, in English and Nepali. We distribute it as stickers to school children. Many thanks to Mathias Dessimoz for his artwork!