We organize 2nd International Workshop on Educational Seismology in Pokhara, Nepal on 30 – 31 December 2020 and focused on the topic of Applications of a seismometer in the classroom for earthquake education.
Six keynote speakers in the field of seismology and educational seismology speak during the workshop:
- Prof. Dr. György Hetényi from University of Lausanne, Switzerland;
- Dr. Paul Denton from the DentonSeismo, United Kingdom;
- Dr. Michelle Salmon from Australian National University, Australia;
- Dr. Lok Bijaya Adhikari from National Seismological Center, Kathmandu;
- Mark Vanstone from the Truro School, Cornwall, United Kingdom;
- Dr. Shiba Subedi from the University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
This is one of the great opportunities for school teachers to learn about the earthquake, related preparedness, and technical solutions.
The workshop documents are available under Downloads.
The workshop (semi-virtual form) is made possible with the help and support of international experts in the related field. The workshop has sponsored by the University of Lausanne, Switzerland. We also acknowledge help and support from the following organizations.